Orem Utah Sharon Park Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Everyone is welcome to visit our center. We specifically serve four Orem LDS stakes: Sharon Park, Orem North, Canyon View, Orchard. Contact our Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center Carolyn Fitzgarrald, telephone 1-801-224-5618, for tours and special appointments.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 85 East 700 North, Orem, Utah 84057 o
- Enter from the back or north side of the building. The door on the right. The family history center is the first door to the left.
- If the outside door is locked ring the bell to alert the consultant you are there.
- Google Map to - Orem Utah Sharon Park Family History Center
Phone: 801-222-0319 (Please call during "Open Hours" to speak with a Family History Consultant.)
Facebook Page: Friends of the Sharon Park Family History Center
- Sunday: 5:00 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.
- Tuesday: 1:00 P.M. - 3:30 P.M 7:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Wednesday: 10:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. 7:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Thursday: 10:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M. 7:00 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
Holiday Closures: Closed for all holidays and General Conference
FamilySearch “Zoning” is an important, pre-indexing FamilySearch activity that allows newspapers to be indexed (digitally transcribed) and published to FamilySearch for research purposes. Participants, or “Zoners,” review digital parent images (newspaper pages) using an Internet-based tool to identify articles, notices, lists, and indexes that contain birth, marriage, and death events about real people. Zoners draw a box around the newspaper article or item to create a “zone.” Once a batch is completed, the zones are sent to be individually indexed and published so FamilySearch patrons can more easily search for ancestors in these newspaper articles.
If you are interested in learning more about FamilySearch Zoning or you are interested in becoming a FamilySearch Zoner, go to the following Internet link:
Family History Center Resources
- FamilySearch Catalog:
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to "Premium" family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Swedish Death Index (1901-2013)
- 9 computers
- 1 Scanner/Printer
- 1 regular printer
- 55 inch TV projection monitor mounted on the wall
- This center has resources to accommodate family groups, Young Men/Young Women groups, scouts, or other Church groups. Family History projects could include Indexing, Family Search, or Training.
Local Area Resources
- Brigham Young University Harold B. Lee Library
- Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group (formerly Utah Valley PAF Users' Group)
- Riverton FamilySearch Library Events