Oregon, United States Genealogy
|Oregon Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Oregon ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- This article is about the U.S. state. For other uses, see Oregon (disambiguation).
Oregon Information[edit | edit source]
Oregon is a state in the northwest portion of the United States. The capital is Salem and it is divided into 36 counties. Oregon was admitted to the United States as the 33rd state on 14 Feb 1859. Oregon was created from Oregon Territory.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with Oregon Research
Links to articles on getting started with Oregon research.
Oregon Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Oregon research.
Oregon Clickable Map[edit | edit source]
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Counties[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch Historical Record Collections
Oregon Migration Routes[edit | edit source]
Oregon Trail · California Trail · Applegate Trail · Meek Cutoff · Whitman Mission Route · Barlow Road · Klamath Trail · Free Emigrant Road · Upper Columbia River Route · Nez Perce Trail · Lewis and Clark Trail · Santiam Wagon Road · Siskiyou Trail · Thomas and Ruckle Road · York Factory Express · Willamette Valley · Blue Mountain Pass · Rogue River Valley · Great Northern Railway (U.S.) · Union Pacific Railroad · Northern Pacific Railway · Oregon Short Line Railroad · Oregon Railroad and Navigation Company · Southern Pacific Railroad · Columbia Southern Railway · Oregon Trunk Railroad
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
Additional Resources[edit | edit source]
- Cyndi's List - Oregon genealogy sites on the internet
- Oregon Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Alabama
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Oregon
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Oregon genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Oregon
- Oregon Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- For Step-by-Step Oregon Research, 1900-Present, click here.
- Oregon County Creation Dates and Parent Counties showing dates they were created or renamed and counties created from older counties. Details will assist you in determining which county would have the records you are seeking
- If your ancestors migrated to the West by following the Oregon Trail, take a look at the Oregon Trail History Library.
- Early Oregonian Search
- Every Name Index
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 31 Oct 2016.