Oregon Births (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Oregon Births, 1860-1952
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Oregon, United States|
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Multiple county clerks, Oregon.|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of an index to selected births and delayed births in Oregon. The collection covers the years 1860 to 1952, but records from the years 1868 to 1898 make up the bulk of the collection.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Child’s full name
- Date and place of child's birth
- Father's name
- Mother's maiden name
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- The location or date of the event
- The names of the parents
Search the Index
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Oregon Births, 1860-1952. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Search for vital records, such as marriages and deaths on the state and county level
- Search for the family in census records
- Search for land and property records
- Search for probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist.Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Oregon.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.