Oregon, Wasco County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Wasco County Records, 1854-1960
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Wasco, Oregon, United States|
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Wasco County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Record Type||County Records|
|County Clerk's Office, Rosenburg, Oregon|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection includes digital images of records filmed at the office of the Wasco County Clerk in The Dalles, Oregon. It includes land records (1854-1960) and marriage records (1856-1920).
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Oregon, Wasco County Records, 1854-1960.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Image[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
|Land and Records||Deed Index direct||1856-1897|
|Land and Records||Deed index reverse||1856-1897|
|Land and Records||Deed record||1856-1944|
|Land and Records||Deeds and mortgages receiving record||1895-1896|
|Land and Records||Direct index deeds||1897-1913|
|Land and Records||Index to deeds direct||1856-1962|
|Land and Records||Index to deeds indirect||1897-1939|
|Vital||Index to marriage record||1854-1972|
Coverage Map[edit | edit source]
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Oregon marriages click here.
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the County
- Select the Record Type, Date Range and Volume to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Use the information to find additional family members in census records
- Search for land and property records
- Search for probate records
- Search church records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Oregon.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.