Oregon, Wasco County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Wasco County Records, 1854-1960
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Wasco, Oregon, United States|
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Wasco County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Record Type||County Records|
|County Clerk's Office, Rosenburg|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes digital images of records filmed at the office of the Wasco County Clerk in The Dalles, Oregon. It includes land records (1854-1960) and marriage records (1856-1920).
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Oregon, Wasco County Records, 1854-1960.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Oregon marriages click here.
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The date of the event
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the County
- Select the Record Type, Date Range and Volume to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Use the information to find additional family members in census records
- Search for land and property records
- Search for probate records
- Search church records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Consult the Oregon Research Tips and Strategies and its Record Finder to search other records.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Oregon, Wasco County Records, 1854-1960." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. County Clerk's Office, Rosenburg.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.