Oregon, Tillamook County Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Tillamook County Records, 1854-1967
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Tillamook, Oregon, United States|
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Tillamook County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Record Type||County Records|
|Tillamook County Courthouse. Tillamook, Oregon|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains images of Tillamook County records including marriages and land and property records, for the years 1854 to 1967.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Oregon, Tillamook County Records, 1854-1967.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
Coverage Table[edit | edit source]
|Land and property||Canceled mortgage index-direct||1889-1917|
|Land and property||Canceled mortgage index-indirect||1888-1919|
|Land and property||Miscellameous deeds, marriages, mortgages||1854-1885|
|Land and property||Mortgage amortizations||1917-1929|
|Land and property||Mortgage index-direct||1912-1921|
|Land and property||Mortgage index-direct and indirect||1928-1948|
|Land and property||Mortgages||1883-1922|
|Land and property||Real estate mortgage index||1921-1927|
|Land and property||Real estate mortgage index direct and indirect||1878-1903|
|Vital||Marriage officiant authorizations||1911-1967|
|Vital||Miscellaneous deeds, marriages, mortgages||1854-1885|
Coverage Map[edit | edit source]
To see a coverage map of FamilySearch's holdings of Oregon marriages click here.
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The location or date of the event
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the Record category
- Select the Record Type, Volume, and Year Range to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Search for vital records, such as birth, marriage, and death
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
- Use the information found in the record to find land and property records
- Use the information found in the record to find probate records
- Search for death or burial information in BillionGraves Index or at Find A Grave
- If applicable, search for immigration and naturalization records as well
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Oregon.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.