Oregon, Lane County Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Oregon, Lane County, Marriage Records, 1852-1921
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Lane, Oregon, United States|
|Flag of Oregon|
|Location of Lane County, Oregon|
|Location of Oregon|
|Lane County Historical Society & Museum, Oregon.|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains marriage records for Lane County, Oregon, for the years 1852 to 1921. This collection contains digital images for three books, and each book holds:
- An index
- Affidavits (license)
- Certificates of marriage
Digital images of the original records are held by the Lane County Historical Museum located in Eugene, Oregon.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The names of the bride and groom
- The approximate date of marriage
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Search for other vital records, such as birth and death on a state or county level
- Search for the family in census records
- Search for land, or immigration records, if applicable
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Oregon.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Oregon, Lane County, Marriage Records, 1852-1921." Database. FamilySearch. https://FamilySearch.org : 19 September 2018. Lane County Historical Society & Museum, Oregon.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.