Oklahoma City Oklahoma Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Trained librarians are available on each shift to assist in your personal research at no cost, including consultations on genealogical problems.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location and Map:
- 5020 NW 63th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73132 United States
- Use the South West Entrance.
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Add information on entering the FHC, parking, and if handicapped accessible.
- List other languages guest will get help with when they come to the FHC center.
- 1 405-473-7374
- Director: Sherrie Furber - 1 405-473-7374
- Assistant Directors: Mary Lee Allen and Sherry Jeanne Brown
- Tues., Wed., Thur. and Sat. 10:00am-2:00pm
- Wed and Thurs eve. 6:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Closed the 1st Saturday in April and October
- Closed two weeks around Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Closed Legal Holidays
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Staff Training and Education Meetings[edit | edit source]
- Last Saturday of the month 9:30 am to 11 am
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Pedigree Resource File
- National Burial Index of Englad and Wales
- Native American Records
- Irish Wills
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Heritage Quest
- Godfrey Library
- Footnote--The place for original documents online
- World Vital Records
- The Genealogist -- Records from England and Wales
- Family Search
- New Family Search available soon to the public
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Seven computers with internet access available for patron use. You can easily print your findings at $.10 per page, or copy to a thumb drive, or email to yourself.
- One Reader printer that prints from microfilm or microfiche at $.10 per page
- One Reader Scanner that scans images to the computer screen to be saved to a thumb or emailed to your home computer.
Over 2,600 microfilms indexed by loaclity and surname
Over 5,000 microfische
Over 300 Books on genealogy research and histories indexed by subject title and location
Due to limited space and out of respect for other patrons, please do not bring your chil