Ojai California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 411 San Antonio St Ojai CA 93023 United States
- Language: English, Spanish (please call ahead)
Tuesday 7:00PM-9:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00-2:00 PM
Wednesday 6:30-8:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
By appointment by using the contact information below.
- CA_Ojai@familyhistorymail.org or 818-585-5305 text message preferred
Library will be closed July 4. Christmas break is always two weeks, beginning one week before Christmas.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Weekly classes, Thursdays at 11:00 AM at the family history center
4 November 2021
Overview of Family Search
11 November 2021
Begin with finding records at home and from the family
18 November 2021
Methodology - to increase speed, accuracy and breakdown brick walls.
25 November 2021- Thanksgiving, no class
2 December 2021
Records - What different records tell you and where to find them.
9 December 2021
Interviewing relatives (including yourself)
6 January 2022
Organizing records- color coded system introduced.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Books: Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude Volumes I-IV: International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers Call number: 979 D36p
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.) Due to technical difficulties, FHC Portal is temporarily down. We are working diligently to restore it.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Microfilm readers, computers, printer, microfiche reader (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)