Ohio Colonial Records
|Ohio Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- 1762-2008 - Ohio, Church Records, 1762-2008
- 1774-1993 - Ohio, County Marriage Records, 1774-1993 $ available at Ancestry.com
- 1789-1898 - Ohio, Marriages Extracted from the Old Northwest Genealogical Quarterly, 1789-1898 $ available at Ancestry.com
- 1789-2013 - Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013
- 1793-2009 - Ohio Newspapers $ available at MyHeritage
- 1795-1991 - Ohio Newspaper Archives $ available at GenealogyBank
History[edit | edit source]
The French set up trading posts in Ohio during the 18th century. As part of the Treaty of 1763 following the French and Indian War, France ceded Ohio and the remaining the Old Northwest to Great Britain. Great Britain ceded claims to Ohio to the United States in the 1783 Treaty of Paris.
Resources[edit | edit source]
- Diary of David Zeisberger: A Moravian Missionary Among the Indians of Ohio by David Zeisberger. (1885. Reprint. Saint Clair Shores, MI: Scholarly Press, 1972).
- The French and British in the Old Northwest: A Bibliographical and manuscript Source by Henry Putney Beers. (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1957).
- History of Catholicity in Northern Ohio and in the Diocese of Cleveland from 1749 to December 31, 1900 by George Francis Houck. (1903. Reprint. Fort Wayne, IN: Allen County Public Library, 1983).
- History of the State of Ohio: First Period, 1650-1787 by James Wickes Taylor. (Cincinnati: H.W. Derby, 1854).
- The Making of the Ohio Valley States, 1660-1837 by Samuel Adams Drake. (1916. Reprint. Fairborn, OH: Cincinnati Branch Library, 1973).
- Ohio Country Missionary: The Diary of David McClure, 1748-1820. (1899. Reprint. Camden, MD: Penobscot Press, 1996).
- Pioneer Ohio Newspapers, 1793-1810: Genealogical and Historical Abstracts by Karen Mauer Green. (Galveston, TX: Frontier Press, 1986).
- The Scioto Speculation and the French Settlement at Gallipolis by Theodore Thomas Belote. (1907. Reprint. Fort Wayne, IN: Allen County Public L8ibrary, n.d.).
- Stockades in the Wilderness: The Frontier Defenses and Settlements of Southwestern Ohio, 1788-1795 by Richard Scamyhorn and John Steinle. (Dayton, OH: Landfall Press, 1986).
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Ohio," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio, accessed 9 January 2020.