Ohio, Crawford County Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Ohio, Crawford County Church Records, 1853-2007
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Crawford, Ohio, United States|
|Flag of Ohio|
|Location of Crawford, Ohio|
|Location of Ohio|
|Record Type||Church Records|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection contains various records including some baptism, marriage, and burial records from churches in North Robinson, Ohio. The collection in general covers the years 1853 to 2007. However, the time period covered varies between individual congregations. Be aware that some of the records in this collection are in German. The collection is being published as images become available.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Ohio, Crawford County Church Records, 1853-2007.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The information in the collection varies between individual congregations and records. You may find any of the following:
- Names of primary individual
- Names of parents
- Date of the event such as baptism or confirmation
- Names of witnesses
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The church they attended
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the
- Select the Town
- Select the Church Record to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
Indexes and transcriptions may not include all the data found in the original records. Look at the actual image of the record, if you can, to verify the information and to find additional information.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Search for vital records such as birth, marriage, and death on the county and state level
- Use the information found in the record to find land, probate and immigration records
- Use the information found in the record to find additional family members in census records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby town or county
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
- Consult the Ohio Record Finder to find other records
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Ohio, Crawford County Church Records, 1853-2007." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Citing Crawford County Genealogical Society, Bucyrus.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.