Ogden FamilySearch Library/Group Visits
- The Ogden FamilySearch Library is pleased and eager to offer the opportunity for individuals, organizations, and others to schedule a group visit to our library. We offer a variety of options that are sure to provide interest to your group.
- Please review the following guidelines for scheduling a group visit. Scroll to the end of this page for the link to submit a request for a group visit after reading the information below.
Group Visit Information and Guidelines
Group size is limited only by space availability. Please do not come to the library with more than 6 people without a group reservation. This ensures that staff, building facilities and computers will be available to support your group and their objectives.
We would encourage requests for group visits to be made using the link below for the online registration form. Telephone reservations will also be accepted. Each request will be confirmed by email, if available, within 1-2 days. Please check your email confirmation and reply to it acknowledging your agreement with and receipt of it. If your preferred date is not available, one of the alternate dates you request will be selected and confirmed. If none of your dates are available, you will be advised to submit a new request. Because we often are at scheduled capacity, please do not bring a group to the library on a night your reservation has not been confirmed.
For evening group visits (Tue, Wed, & Thu), are available at any time up to 8 p.m. Please state the time of arrival and estimated time of departure. Daytime reservations (Mon thru Sat) will be accepted for any time between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Groups need to conclude their visit, including any time for refreshments, no later than 8:45 PM.
Adults accompanying youth groups should prepare to actively participate with their youth. A Ward Temple and Family History Consultant should accompany each youth group to provide support at the Center and later in the Ward. Local Temple and Family History Consultants are an excellent resource to bring with any group and will provide continuity after your visit. If a Ward Temple and Family History Consultant is not available, invite the High Priest Group Leader or one of his assistants to come for the same reasons listed above.
Copies of any documents found during your visit can be printed at the library for a nominal charge. Black and white, letter-size copies are $0.05 each.
Important for a Successful and Rewarding Visit
- LDS Account Login: Very Important! Each LDS Member of the group needs to have an LDS Login Account before coming to the Library. Please have them log into https://ldsaccount.lds.org or another church account site to make sure their Username and password are working.
- LDS Account Registration: For members who don’t have a current account, have them register for one prior to your visit. They can do this by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and clicking on the Register for an LDS Account button on the right side of the screen and entering the necessary information, which includes their church membership number and birth date. Their membership number is on their temple recommend or can be provided by their ward clerk.
- Personal Family History Information: Except for Indexing visits, please have everyone attempt to create a personal Pedigree Chart with as much family information as possible.
- Specific Goal or Objective to Accomplish: Each group should have an idea or goal, before they arrive, of what they would like to accomplish during the visit to our library.
- Selecting the Group Presentation: Select from the following options. We are not able to combine presentations in a single visit and suggest that you schedule additional times for other topics of interest.
Group Visit Options
- Introduction to FamilySearch Family Tree: An overview of our facility,web site, and tools, applications, and equipment available in and from our library and on the computer’s desktop.
- Research Quick Start: A focused presentation demonstrating popular research web sites to find specific information on your ancestors.
- Introduction to Indexing: An overview of the why and how of indexing and a demonstration of the indexing application for indexing in the library or at home.
- Preparation for Pioneer Trek: A presentation on how to find and identify a pioneer ancestor and then look for required temple ordinances for family members in New FamilySearch.
- Introduction to Family History (ages 8 - 11): An overview of our facility, web site, and tools, applications, and equipment available in and from our library and on the computer’s desktop from a young person’s perspective.
- Group visit in order to use our resources: For those who have been trained or oriented but want to schedule a time where group members can go directly to the library and make use of the computers with our staff assistance as needed.
- Printing Temple Cards: Service for those who need cards printed to take to an LDS temple.
Group Visit Request
For Group Visits, please contact the Ogden FamilySearch Library