Oakhurst California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 59969 School Road, Oakhurst, California 93644 United States
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Holiday Schedule:Thanksgiving Week and December 22 through January 5th, 20016.
Closed also during adverse weather that shuts down Hwy 41 at Deadwood:
Calendar and Events
Public Family History class held on the 2nd Tuesday each month at 12:00-1:30 PM from September through May, unless notified differently.
Roots Magic classes are being held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month, one in the morning at 10:30 and one in the evening at 7:PM.
Staff Training Meetings
2nd Tues of every month.
- Film: More than 600 rolls of varrious records.
- Census Records
- Microfiche: More than 2500 sets of records
- Access to Ancestry .com, Find My Past.com, My Heritage.com, Fold 3.com, Family Search.org and several more.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal
- Free Internet Affiliate Programs: Ancestery.com, Footnote.com, Alexander Street Press, Heritage Quest, Godfrey Memorial Library, Find my Past.co.uk, Genline.com and many others.
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 Computers
- 2 Microfilm Readers
- Flat Bed Scanner
- desks & tables
- Forms and more!
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.