Nowra New South Wales Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 146 Kinghorn street, Nowra, NSW, 2541
- Our Family history Centre is located inside the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Nowra chapel. We have gated parking on the KINGHORN STREET side of the building which will be open during times of operation and is free to anyone attending the Centre. The entrance to the Centre is on the same side of the builing as the car park and is easily accessable. (Wheel Chair access) We have several staff in attendance to help with your research needs and offer the use of Three computers connected to the internet with free access to many paid sites, such as Ancestry.com and others. We also have available several microfiche and microfilm readers with access to oredering all LDS fiche and films.
Phone: 44 224942
Open Hours: Tueday evenning 6pm-8pm and Wednesday 9am-12noon
Holiday Schedule: We are closed during NSW school holidays, except for special arrangement made with Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - Center and staff.
Calendar and Events
Currently no events are planned but we are always looking for opportunities.
Currently no classes are scheduled but we do have many training programs available.
Staff Training Meetings
Staff training is ongoing.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Three computers,microfilm readers and microfiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
We specialise in all aspects of Genealogy.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Centre
We are always looking for community members who would like to donate their time and abilities to others who may need help or instruction concerning Genealogy. Please contact the local temple and family history consultant - center, Ryan Herbert for an interview.