| Nova Scotia Online Databases |
This chart shows links to province-wide collections. To find links to collections for lower jurisdictions (such as a county, town, or parish), go to Locating Online Databases.
Ancestry.com, FindMyPast.com, and MyHeritage.com can be searched free of charge at your local family history center or the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
| Vital Records
- Nova Scotia, Births and Baptisms, 1702-1896 Index.
- Births 1864-1877, 1908-1911 (delayed registrations 1830-1911) Index and images.
- Nova Scotia Births, 1864-1877, ($), images
- Nova Scotia, Canada, Births, 1836-1910 ($)
- Nova Scotia Delayed Births, 1837-1904, index and images
- Deaths - 1864-1877, 1908-1961 . Also at Ancestry.com, ($), index
- Deaths in the City of Halifax 1890-1908 Index and images.
- Nova Scotia Deaths, 1864-1877, index
- Miners Memorial Database, Deaths, 1866-1967, index
- Nova Scotia Deaths, 1890-1955, index
- Nova Scotia Deaths, 1956-1957, index
Births, Marriages, and Deaths
African Nova Scotians
- See Canada Online Genealogy Records
- Nova Scotia, Canada, Census, Assessment and Poll Tax Records, 1770-1795, 1827, ($) index
- Nova Scotia 1770 census ($).
- and Nova Scotia, Census, 1800-1842,($) index
- Nova Scotia 1838 Census Records, pdf
- Nova Scotia Census, 1861, index
- Nova Scotia, Church Records, 1720-2001 Index and images.
- Nova Scotia, Antigonish Catholic Diocese, 1823-1905 Index and images.
- Nova Scotia, Canada, Antigonish Catholic Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1823-1905, index and images, ($).