North Luffenham, Rutland Genealogy
Guide to North Luffenham, Rutland ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Luffenham, Rutland|
|Poor Law Union||Uppingham|
|Parish registers: 1572|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1707|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Rutland Record Office|
LUFFENHAM, NORTH (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, hundred of Wrandike, county of Rutland, 6 miles (S. W. by W.)from Stamford. 
The Victoria County History of North Luffenham (1935) is available. It includes a history of the manor, church, advowson, and charities.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
North Luffenham, Rutland Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|NORTH LUFFENHAM PARISH Online Records|
Deposited parish registers are found at the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office. Deposited bishop's transcripts are held at the Northamptonshire Record Office.
Diocese of Peterborough : North Luffenham Bap 1572 - 1869 Marr 1572 - 1837 (Banns to1967) Bur 1572 - 1923
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Rutland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
- Original held at TNA; Microfilm: FHL Collection 2228721; Publication:
- Cornwall, J. The County Community Under Henry VIII: The Military Survey, 1522, and the Lay Subsidy, 1524-5, for Rutland. Oakham, England: Rutland Record Society, 1980. FHL Collection 942.545 R4c (see page [#] for North Luffenham)
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Adapted. Date accessed: 05 December 2013.
- A History of the County of Rutland, Volume 2 (1935). A History of the County of Rutland. Adapted. Date accessed: 05 December 2013.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- 'Northamptonshire, England, Burials, 1813-1912', Ancestry, accessed 5 March 2015.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Rutland, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 25 April 2014.
- Ref. E179/165/110 rot 2, m 1 (Wrangdyke Hundred, North Luffenham), E 179 Database: Records Relating to Lay and Clerical Taxation, The National Archives.