Norfolk, England Genealogy
|Norfolk Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Norfolk ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Norfolk is a maritime county located in the middle eastern part of England.
"The county contains 743 parishes, parts of 3 others, and 7 extra-parochial places... all in the diocese of Norwich. The assizes are held at Norwich; and quarter-sessions, at Norwich, Swaffham, and Walsingham... The places of worship, in 1851, were 719 of the Church of England, 49 of Independents, 67 of Particular Baptists, 3 of General Baptists, 6 of New Connexion General Baptists, 15 of Baptists undefined, 15 of Quakers, 7 of Unitarians, with 1, 213 of Wesleyan Methodists, 1 of New Connexion Methodists, 254 of Primitive Methodists, 2 of Bible Christians, 2 of the Wesleyan Association, 44 of Wesleyan Reformers, 2 of Lady Huntingdon's Connexion, 1 of Sandemanians, 1 of the New Church, 19 of isolated congregations, 13 of Latter Day Saints, 6 of Roman Catholics, and 2 of Jews... (John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72). For the full account go to Vision of Britain).
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Use an interactive map to find jurisdictions for each parish in Norfolk. From this map you will be able to determine the Civil Registration District, Deanery, Poor Law Union, Hundred, Probate District, of every parish.
Civil Registration Districts
- Norfolk Resources and help pages on RootsChat Norfolk Resources and help pages. (Free).
- Some Norfolk Family Names
- Norfolk Public Houses: Provides an ever expanding record of all Norfolk Public Houses and their Licensees.
- A good website for research within the county or general help on the ground is Norfolk Tours. Also for help organising trips to Norfolk to see the sites.
- Norfolk Genealogical Resources: Part of theBritishIsles GenWeb Project
|North Sea||North Sea|
|Cambridgeshire||Suffolk|| North Sea|