Norborne Parish, Virginia
History[edit | edit source]
Founded[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Parish History[edit | edit source]
- Barnhart, William J. Old Norborne Parish (1744-1816). Orlando, Fla.: James D. Ballew, 1980. FHL Book 975.497 K2b
- Minghini, Lorraine and Thomas E. Van Metre. History of Trinity Episcopal Church and Norborne Parish. Martinsburg, 1956.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
The original parish registers (1832-1900), vestry minutes (1817-1921), and account books (1865-1892) are kept at Trinity Episcopal Church. Microfilm copies are held at the West Virginia Regional History Collection (Accession No. 1362). Additional copies: FHL Films 222107-222108
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "St. George's Chapel Ruins," Washington Heritage Trail, accessed 15 February 2011.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- The Jefferson County Historic Landmarks Commission - How and Where to Look It Up: Church Records, accessed 15 February 2011.