Newport Vermont Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 3417 Darling Hill Rd, Derby, VT 05829
- Messages may be left at the number. Allow 5 days for reply
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19 Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press-The American Civil Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images
- Find My Past
- The Genealogist
- Genline Family Finder
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Multiple computers, Microfilm readers, Printers (fee for printouts), Scanner, Slide/Negative to Digital Converter
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Staff willing and able to assist in your current research or to help someone start their family research. Free web-based database.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
- Haskell Free Library and Opera House
- Old Stone House Museum
- Essex and Orleans Counties Historical Societies
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Essex County cities and town[edit | edit source]
Orleans County cities and towns[edit | edit source]
Newspapers and Periodicals[edit | edit source]
New Hampshire papers that cover Northeastern Vermont towns:
Although not digitized, the Colebrook, New Hampshire library extracts obituaries from both papers and has those on file.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
If you're interested in volunteering please contact Scott Bryant at VT_Newport@familyhistorymail.org