New Hampshire, Hillsborough County, Manchester, Obituaries (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
New Hampshire, Hillsborough County, Manchester, Obituaries, 1800-2007
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States|
|Flag of New Hampshire|
|Location of Hillsborough County, New Hampshire|
|Location of New Hampshire|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of cemetery records from the Pine Grove, Valley and other cemeteries in the Manchester area for the years 1800 to 2007.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for New Hampshire, Hillsborough County, Manchester, Cemetery Records, 1800-2007.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name and age of deceased
- Date of Death
- Date of Burial
- Birth date of deceased
- Location of grave
- Cause of Death
- Name of Undertaker
Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. These images can be viewed at the Family History Library or a Family History Center near you.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of death
- The approximate date of burial
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select the Cemetery Name or Obituaries category
- Select the Surname Range to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s burial record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Burial records are often brief so it can be easy confuse individuals. Compare what is information is given with what you already know about your ancestor to make sure it is the correct person.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records
- Search for the family in census records
- Use the locality and relative's name to locate church and land records
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members
- Compile the entries for every person with the same surname. This is especially helpful for rural areas or unusual surnames
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
- When looking for a person with a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire Guided Research
- New Hampshire Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "New Hampshire, Hillsborough County, Manchester, Cemetery Records, 1800-2007." Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 19 September 2018. Pine Grove Cemetery, Manchester.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.