New Hampshire, United States Genealogy
|New Hampshire Wiki Topics|
|New Hampshire Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to New Hampshire genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
New Hampshire Information
New Hampshire is a state in the northeast part of the United States. It is divided into 10 counties. New Hampshire was the 9th State to join the Union on June 21, 1788. It was created from the Crown Colony of New Hampshire. The Capital city is Concord. 
Getting Started with New Hampshire Research
Links to articles on getting started with New Hampshire research.
New Hampshire Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in United States research.
New Hampshire Clickable Map
Genealogy records are kept on the county level in New Hampshire Click on a county below to go to the Wiki article listing more information.
Genealogy records are kept on the county level in New Hampshire. Click on a county below to go to the Wiki article listing more information.
Extinct or Renamed Jurisdictions:
New Hampshire Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- 2001-2014 - Currentobituary.com index, 2001-2014 at FamilySearch — index
- Cyndi's List - New Hampshire genealogy sites on the internet
- New Hampshire Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of New Hampshire
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for New Hampshire
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for New Hampshire genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- New Hampshire Genealogy and History website is an extensive guide which provides a clickable map taking you to detailed resources fThe New Hampshire State Papers is a 40 volume set of resources with information for New Hampshire researchers. It includes information about the founding of towns, early families, Revolutionary War service rolls, probate record abstracts (1635-1771), court records (1640-1692), and a multitude of other information valuable to the genealogist. To begin your search in this valuable resource click here.
- The Statistics and Gazetteer of New Hampshire, 1875 has been scanned and is available online. This has an abundance of information on the early history of the state. Starting on page 47, it has a short description of every town in the state as it was in 1875. or every county in New Hampshire as well as many of the towns. It also provides links to online resources, maps, gazetteers, message boards, surname lists, vital records, land records, cemetery records and much more.
- State of New Hampshire Archives and Records Management offers databases, transcribed records, and a social network for New Hampshire researchers.
- New Hampshire County Creation Dates and Parent Counties