Nevada Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 1101 N Olive St, Nevada, MO 64772-1238
- Language: English
- Sundays: 12:00-3:00pm
- Wednesdays: 11:00am-7:00pm
- and by appointment
- Holiday Schedule:
- Closed all major holidays and closed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
(periodic events will be listed here)
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Classes available for small groups-up to 10-upon request.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 3 computers
- 2 printers
- 1 scanner
- 1 microfilm/fiche reader/printer
- wifi for users
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff trained in use of resources and willing to assist others.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Affiliate of Family History Library in Salt Lake City:
Nevada Public Library
212 W Walnut
Nevada, MO 64772
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We are happy to have volunteers who are willing to work with computers and assist others in their research. We use Family Search and Ancestry.com heavily and have access to many other resources.
If interested call Kim at 417-448-9569