Nevada, County Birth and Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Nevada, County Birth and Death Records, 1871-1992
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Nevada, United States|
|Flag of Nevada|
|Location of Nevada|
|Record Type||Birth and Death Records|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes birth and death records for the years 1871 to 1992.
The collection consists of images of county birth and death registers and certificates acquired from county courthouses throughout Nevada. This collection does not include Elko County.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Nevada, County Birth and Death Records, 1871-1992.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Birth records may contain:
- Name of child
- Date and place of birth
- Child's gender and race
- Place of Birth
- Single, twin or triple birth
- Birth order of child
- Father's full name
- Father's age, race, birth place and occupation
- Mother 's maiden name
- Mother's age, race, birth place and occupation
- Parent's place of residence
- Number of children living
Death records may contain:
- Name of Deceased
- Date and place of death
- Age, gender and nativity of deceased
- Cause of death
- Name of undertaker
- Names of witnesses
- Marital status of deceased
- Birth place of deceased
- Names of parents and their birth place
- Occupation and place of residence
- Burial information
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of birth or death
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the County
- Select the Record Type, Date Range and Volume to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Nevada County Birth and Death Records, 1871-1992. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Search for a marriage record
- If a death record is found, use the information to find an obituary or cemetery record
- Search for the family in census records
- Search the county where the family lived for church, land, and probate records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- Try viewing the original record to see if there were errors in the transcription of the name, age, residence, etc. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Nevada County Birth and Death Records, 1871-1992." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 19 January 2018. Various county courthouses, Nevada.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.