Nebraska Bible Records
|Nebraska Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) has an index of over 40,000 digitized family Bible records and each day more records are digitized and added to the Index.
- Index to Early Bible Records provides a free index to over 17,000 online and offline pre-1830 Bible records.
- Bible Records Online Has a few Nebraska family bibles.
Nebraska Bible Records[edit | edit source]
Bible records can be a good source of information about family members and relatives. A family Bible record may contain the names of parents, children, and spouses along with dates of birth, marriage, and death. In some cases, the family Bible may be the only record of a vital event, such as a birth. Typically, family Bibles are handed down from one generation to another and are still possessed by family members. Occassionally, a family Bible is dontated to a local genealogical or historical society. To locate family Bibles, begin by checking with family members and relatives.
The following resources may also be helpful:
Family History Library Collections[edit | edit source]
The Family History Library (FHL) has a few collections of family Bible records for Nebraska including the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) and county collections. These records can be found in the FamilySearch Catalog using a "Place-names" Search under:
- Nebraska - BIBLE RECORDS
- Nebraska, [name of County] - BIBLE RECORDS
- Kirkham, E. Kay. An Index to Some of the Bibles and Family Records of the United States, vol. II. Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1984. FHL book 973 D22kk v.2; FHL fiche 6089184.
References[edit | edit source]