Nampa Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 101 N Canyon Street Nampa Idaho 83651-2050 United States
- 1 Classes and Workshops
- 2 Preparations for Groups Attending the Family History Center
- 4 Please call 467- 5827 or stop in to request a workshop for your quorum, family or ward group. Please see the list below for suggested topics.
- 5 Class size is limited to eighteen persons in the large class room and six persons in the small class room.
- 6 Premium Research Websites
- 7 Microfilm Collection
- 8 Books and Maps
- 9 Center News
- 10 Announcements
- 11 Holiday Schedule 2017
Classes and Workshops
Classes or workshops for your group can be scheduled at the Family History Center.
Please call us at 467-5827 to schedule a time for your group.
Preparations for Groups Attending the Family History Center
1. GROUPS: Please have each Person Create an LDS User’s Account Before Coming to Class
- a. Bring up the Internet on their home computer.
- b. Click on the address bar (the words will turn blue) and type “familysearch.org” and tap the Enter key.
- c. Click on “Sign In” which is found toward the top right side of the screen.
- d. A sign in screen will appear. Click on “Create New Account.”
- e. Click on “LDS FamilySearch Account” and then click “Continue” and then follow the instructions on that screen.
2. Family Research: If they are coming to find or learn how to find ancestors to do temple work for, please ask them to bring a filled out Four Generation Pedigree Chart. If they do not have that information, please ask them to bring the names, birth or death dates, and birth or death places of ancestors who have passed on (one to four names will be helpful).
3. Indexing: If they are coming to do indexing, they will only need to create their LDS Account before coming.
Please call 467- 5827 or stop in to request a workshop for your quorum, family or ward group. Please see the list below for suggested topics.
Class size is limited to eighteen persons in the large class room and six persons in the small class room.
Family History Introductory Workshops
Please notice that each workshop has a number. Leaders and consultants can use that number to request a workshop for a group from their ward. Each workshop will last about 30 minutes. Afterwards, participants may then remain at the Center to practice their new skills as they wish.
1 Leadership Training (Leaders and New Consultants)
2 Family Tree - Introduction
3 Family Tree - Add, Edit, Delete, Relationships
4 Family Tree - Adding Sources
5 Family Tree - Merging & Preparing Names for the Temple
6 Family Tree - Adding Stories
7 Family Tree - Adding Photos
8 NEW - Puzzilla for Descendancy Research
9 FamilySearch - How to use the Wiki
10 Indexing - Introduction
11 Finding Your Family via Sources on the Internet
12 PAF - What can it still do?
13 Roots Magic - Introduction
14 Legacy Family Tree - Introduction
15 Ancestral Quest - Introduction
18 NEW - Developing your Ancestor's Story
19 NEW- How to Find Cousins who need Temple Ordinances
20 Writing Your Personal History
26 FindMyPast (British Records)
27 FamilySearch Catalog (Salt Lake FHL)
28 Probate and Court Records
29 NEW - MyHeritage Introduction
Premium Research Websites
The following Premium Subscription Websites are available for use, free of charge, at the Center:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press-The American Civil War
- Find My Past
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
The Center has a significant selection of microfilm on hand with access to many thousands more. An indexed list is available in the Center.
Books and Maps
The Center has many volumes available. A binder with the listings is available in the Center.
The Center has staff members serving Monday morning, Tuesday evening, and Thursday evening who speak Spanish.
Wednesday evening is a great time to schedule a visit to the Center for youth groups.
Online Film Ordering: https://www.familysearch.org/films/ Films are now to be ordered online instead of at the Family History Center.
We are listing staff members with special skills. Please call the Family History Center to verify the current schedule for assistance from these volunteer staff members. Leaders and Consultants may request workshops regarding these topics.
Nampa FHC Resource List
Ancestral Quest: Diana Perry, Carol Henderson, Carolyn Perkins, Bill Ward, Alice Volkert, Vicki Thompson, Norrita Sanders, Diane White
Ancestry.com: Cheryl Johnson, Diana Perry, Alice Volkert, Darrell Clark
AniMap: Joann Olsen, Diane White
Danish Records: Marianne Ramsey
DNA for research: Steve Greathouse
England: Cheryl Johnson, Mary Sweet
Findagrave.com Carolyn Perkins, Steve Greathouse (also Billiongraves), Darrell Clark
German Records: Grover Compton
Indexing: Edith Berthelson, Vicki Thompson, Allen Thor, Mel West, Arlene Henley
Legacy Family Tree:
Military records: Carlene Laub
MyHeritage.com: Max Berthelson
New England: Alice Volkert
Online research: Arlene Henley, Pam Duce
PAF: Rose Uscola, Ben Jepson, Diana Perry, Joann Olsen, Arlene Henley
Personal Historian: Carlene Laub
Photoshop: Joann Olsen, Diane White, Pam Duce
Puzzilla.org Bob Simpson
Roots Magic: Cheryl Johnson, Steve Greathouse, Max Berthelson, Hal Beames, Diane White, Darrell Clark
Writing Personal and Family Histories: Debra Holm
Holiday Schedule 2017
Jan 1: New Years Day
April 1: General Conference
May 29: Memorial Day
July 4: Independence Day
Sep 4: Labor Day
Sep 30: General Conference
Nov 11: Veteran's Day
Nov 22-25: Thanksgiving
Dec 25-31: Christmas
Jan 1, 2018: New Years