Mount Vernon Ohio Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location and Map:
- 1010 Beech St Mount Vernon, OH 43050-1341 United States
- List other languages guest will get help with when they come to the FHC center.
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such as which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Please include if there is a handicapped accessible entrance.
- Steven Wozniak
- Open the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 7:00 p.m. to 8 p.m. if you need other times Please call or email the center or the local missionaries for your request.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Specialties in Knox, Licking and Coshocton Counties, complete cemetery listings for Knox Co., birth, death and marriage records available up to 1920. Additional records available from the Mt. Vernon Service Center Records repository and court house.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Genealogy Society Library, Rt. 95, Bellville, Ohio Mansfield/Richland Co. Public Library, 43 W. Third St., Mansfield, OH 44902-1218
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.