Mount Pleasant Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Mount Pleasant Michigan Family History Search Center is located near other major research libraries such as Central Michigan University's Park Library and Clarke Historical Library, and The Veterans Memorial Library. All have excellent genealogical and historical collections that complement our holdings.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1404 S Crawford Dr Mount Pleasant MI 48858 United States
- Entrance is located at the back of the building in the large parking lot. *Enter through the large double doors.
- We may close at 7:00pm if no patrons are present:
- Open by special appointment by calling David Terrell 989-779-8452
Closed all major holidays: Closed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving: Closed during the Christmas and New Year's holidays: Please check this as it changes each year: We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Mt Pleasant Family History will be closed Wednesday, July 29th. For special appointments please call David Terrell 989-779-8452.
- FamilySearch Catalog:
- Michigan County Vital Records. Filmed at the local courthouses in the counties.
- Various Ontario Canada films including church records and census data.
- Various film collections kept on extended loan by local researchers in Poland, Germany, Ukraine, England, etc.
- Various CD collections of censuses, vital record collections, directories, etc.
- Various helpful books on how to do research.
- Books of local interest of cemetery data, local history, and record collections.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
3 microfilm readers
1 microfiche reader
2 computers with online access
Film print outs are not available. Patrons are encouraged to bring in digital cameras or wand scanners to make copies of records on a film that they find.
Staff Research Specialties
Volunteers on staff include long time researchers who can help you with research in their specialty areas.
- 'General U.S.A.
- Getting around in sites such as Ancestry, Fold3, FamilySearch, Godfrey Library, and other genealogy sites.
Resources in the Local Area
- Seeking Michigan Online record collection that includes Michigan State Death Returns, Civil War Records, Photos and history of the state.
- Michigan Family History Network Free online records that include cemetery data and photos, marriage index, military data including the full 1894 Michigan State Veteran Census, 1883 Pensioners, Spanish American War Veterans, lists of various vital records gleaned from religious records, local vital records, etc.
- MichiganGenWeb Part of the USGenWeb Project.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) ---- ----Adding details to a FHC page article.