Morgan, Orleans County, Vermont Genealogy
The town of Morgan was initially chartered as Caldersburgh on November 6, 1780 by the Vermont Legislaure. The name was changed to Morgan in 1801. The town contains two villages: Morgan and Morgan Center. The population at the 2010 US Census was 749.  
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
Morgan,Vermont Land Records,1859 to 1910, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images)
Orleans Probate Division
247 Main Street
Newport, VT · 05855
Phone: (802) 334-3305
Morgan, Vermont records : Bible records and pedigrees given by the families to Louise R Allen of New York City, Aug 1934 - are available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Morgan. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Orleans County, website at this link.
- Cargill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Center Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Clark Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Gore Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Morgan, Vermont Town Records, 1850-2005, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Morgan Town Clerk
41 Meade Hill Road
P.O. Box 45
Morgan, VT 05853
Phone: (802) 895-2927
Libraries and Historical Societies
Morgan Historical Society, Inc.
14 Toad Pond Road
P.O. Box 113
Morgan, VT 05853
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- About Morgan, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/morgan.html#about
- Morgan, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/OrleansMorgan.html