Montana, County Voting Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Montana, County Voting Records, 1884-1992
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Montana|
|Location of Montana|
|Record Type||Voting Records|
|Great Falls History Museum (Montana)|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains an index and images to county voting registers and voter registration cards from varoius counties in Montana, including:
- Deer Lodge
- Lewis and Clark
- Silver Bow
Digital images of the originals are housed at the Great Falls Genealogical Society in Great Falls, Montana
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Country of Nativity
- Local Residence
- Naturalized: Date, Place, By What Court
- Date of Registration
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The birth date or place of your ancestor
- The ancestor’s residence
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Montana.
- Montana Guided Research
- Montana Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- Montana, United States Genealogy
- Montana Archives and Libraries
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Beaverhead County, register of electors, 1911-1944
- Cascade County, voter registration cards, ca. 1937-1992.
- Jefferson County, voter registers, 1889-1924
- Lewis and Clark County, election register, 1882-1915
- Madison County, voter registers, 1889
- Rosebud County, official register of electors
- Sheridan County, voter registers, 1917-1924
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
- Montana, Beaverhead County Records, 1862-2009
- Montana, Cascade County Records, 1880-2009
- Montana, Chouteau County Records,1876-2011
- Montana, Rosebud County Records, 1878-2011
- Montana, Sanders County Records, 1866-2010
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.