Monhegan, Lincoln County, Maine Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Monhegan, Maine)
United States Maine Lincoln Monhegan
Monhegan is a Maine plantation on a coastal island of Lincoln County in the Gulf of Maine. Monhegan was organized from part of the Pemaquid Patent in 1831.
- Ruth Grant Faller, Monhegan, Her Houses and Her People, 1780-1970 (Melrose, Massachusetts : Mainstay Publications, c1995). At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 974.157/M1 H2f.
- Charles Francis Jenney, The Fortunate Island of Monhegan : a Historical Monograph (Digitial copy of original published: Worcester, Mass., The Davis press, 1922). At various libraries (WorldCat). Allen County digital copy online.
- Ida Sedgwick Proper, Monhegan, the Cradle of New England (Portland, Maine : Southworth Press, c1930). At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 974.157/M1 H2p
- Christine Huston Dodge, Vital records of old Bristol and Nobleboro in the county of Lincoln, Maine : including the present towns of Bremen, Damariscotta, South Bristol, and the plantation of Monhegan ([Portland, Maine?] : Maine Historical Society, 1947-1951). At various libraries (WorldCat). Digital copy online; FHL Book 974.157 V2v; Films (do not circulate) 1033822 Item 5 (vol. 1); 844966 Item 2 (vol. 2). Contents: v. 1. Births and deaths -- v. 2. Marriages.
- Monhegan (Maine). Plantation Clerk. Town and vital records, 1839-1889 (Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah at Monhegan, 1953). FHL Film 011549. Contains proceedings of meetings, elections, intentions of marriage 1841-1889, marriage records 1849-1889.
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Monhegan Plantation, Lincoln County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 21 October 2013).