Missoula Montana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Missoula Montana Family History Center, located in the mountain valley of Missoula, Montana, services all of Missoula County and shares this duty with the smaller FHC at Seeley Lake, Montana.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Local Links
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3201 Bancroft St Missoula Montana 59801-8641 United States
- The Center is located on the South side of the building off of Bancroft.
- Parking is available in front of the side entrance door.
- If the door is locked there is a door bell on the right side of the door to alert the Librarians of your presence.
- 1-406-543-6148, during Open Hours
- Directors: Cary and Colleen Holmquist, 406-880-2076
- Tuesdays:10:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday and Thursday evenings: open by appointment only, please call to arrange
Closed all major holidays: Thanksgiving, 23 November 2017
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings:
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Approximately 800 microfilm and microfiche, including a variety of European and U.S. states sources. A catalog/index is in planning stages for online listing
- Small reference library, wide variety of volumes, mostly U.S. and European topics, catalog/index in planning stages for online listing
Hardware and Equipment
The Center has:
- 5 computers
- 4 printers
- a copier/scanner
- 2 film readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
The Missoula Family History Center has two microfilm reader and two microfiche reader devices available for anyone using microfilm rolls (35mm and 16mm film) or microfiche sheets for genealogical research. The readers are available during Center open hours and by appointment.
Resources in the Local Area
We have approximately 800 films on permanent loan from the Missoula Family History Center. Come in and see.
Missoula Public Library has genealogical research resources, such as local daily newspapers on microfilm, located at 301 E Main St, Missoula, MT 59802, phone: (406) 721-2665
Missoula is the name of both the county and the city, which is also the county seat, Missoula. The city is also know as the "5 Valleys" as it has five entrances that help form the large valley.
FamilySearch Wiki for Missoula, Missoula County, Montana
FamilySearch has materials about the local and state areas in its state page Montana
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers to help staff the Center. See our hours on this site and call us at 880-2076. A little computer knowledge is helpful. Training will be provided.