Mission Viejo California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Free Genealogy Classes
Sign Up: Call 949-581-4876 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 27976 Marguerite Parkway Mission Viejo, California 92692 United States
- Corner of Marguerite Parkway and Hillcrest.
- Enter at the rear of the building - left hand door.
- Tuesday:9:30am-4:30pm and 6:00pm-9:00 pm
- Wednesday:9:30am-4:30pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:9:30am-4:30 pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
July 4 Independence Day; July 22 Pioneer Day; Summer Vacation, August 19-31; Labor Day Weekend, September 2; General Conference, September 30; Thanksgiving Week, November 21-27; Christmas/New Years, December 23-January 5
- FamilySearch Catalog:This center may have various films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC PortalThis center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.This includes the following:
- Find My Past - Institutional Version
- Fold 3.com
- Kinpoint - Premium
- My Heritage - Library Edition
- ThePaperTrail.org (A guide to Overland Pioneer Names and Documents)
- Alexander Street Press: The American Civil War
- Research database
- Letters and Diaries
- Images, Photographs, Posters and Ephermera
- social and Cultural History
- Women and Social Movements in the Unites States
- ProQuest Obituary Listings
- Puzilla.org - Premium Services
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- ArkivDigital (Swedish records=36 Million documents)
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 Computers with Internet access
- 4 Microfilm Readers
- 2 Microfiche Readers
- Flatbed Scanner
- Provide one on one research help and provide access to genealogical records through the Internet or microfilm loan program.
- Provide Training. (Offering free how to classes)
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
- Provide Service Opportunities for volunteers.
- Visit the center any time during our open hours. We will be glad to acquaint you with our resources and equipment.