Minot, Androscoggin County, Maine Genealogy
The southeast corner of what is now Minot was originally part of the Pejepscot Purchase. The Massachusetts General Court created Bakerstown Plantation in 1765 which was incorporated as the Town of Poland in 1795; a part of Poland was set off as the Town of Minot in 1802. Minot land was set off to form Auburn 1842; that boundary was altered in 1844; and more Minot land was set off to Auburn in 1873; and Minot land was set off to form part of Mechanic Falls in 1893. 
County boundary changes: Androscoggin County was set off from Cumberland County in 1854.
Libraries and Historical Societies