Minnesota, State Census, 1885 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm which can be viewed at the Family History Library or some FamilySearch Centers.
Question #1: The record details page for my ancestor links to an incorrect image. Is there a way to find the correct image?
Answer #1: In most cases the correct image can be found by matching the page number on the record details page with the page number on the image. You may have to scroll forward or backward a few images to find the correct one.
However, is some cases, the correct image may have been incorrectly located in a different browse point. Usually these were counties that were adjacent on the film. For example, Sherburnen > Big Lake > Image 7 of 7 contains Pages 1-2 that are missing from Sherburnen > Clear Lake.
Question #2: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #2: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Sherburnen > Clear Lake, Pages 3-4 are not online. Until they are restored online, you may locate Film 565757.
- Kanabec County is missing. You can find the towns of Arthur, Brunswick, and Grass Lake under the browse path Carlton County. Also, the census for District No. 1 of Kanabec are found in the browse point Brunswick > Image 4 of 4.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Minnesota, State Census, 1885 > Sherburne > Clear Lake > image 1 of 7.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Minnesota, State Census, 1885 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Minnesota, State Census, 1885 collection at FamilySearch.org.