Milwaukee Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Past Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 9600 W Grange Ave Milwaukee, WI 53130-1640
- Language: English
- Thursday: 8:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-1:00pm
Closed all major holidays.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Past Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Library will be reopening on April 8th. We will expand in the future when we have resources available.
We will start with only Thursday and Saturday hours.
We will be requiring masks for all patrons and workers.
To follow COVID 19 restrictions we will limit the number of patrons.
We will be alternating the computers to leave a space between patrons for their saftey.
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- computer, microfilm reader, printer
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.