Milwaukee Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 9600 W Grange Ave Milwaukee, WI 53130-1640
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 8:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am-3:30pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-1:00pm
Closed all major holidays.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Calendar and Events
A FREE Genealogy Workshop is being offered by the Milwaukee Personal Ancestral Files Users Group and the Milwaukee Family History Center. The seminar will take place at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9600 W. Grange Ave. Hales Corners, Wisconsin on Saturday October 17, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
While the workshop is FREE, pre-registration after September 15th at the following website is requested, http://FamilyHistoryWorkshop.Rworld.net.
Choose one presentation per hour of the thirteen that will be offered. An optional syllabus of all presentations ($5.00) may be ordered with registration. Workshop program details are available at the website or by calling (414) 425-4182.
Staff Training Meetings
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- computer, microfilm reader, printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)