Miller (Old) County, Arkansas Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
History Tidbits[edit | edit source]
- Miller County was created 1 April 1820 from Hempstead County.
- The majority of it was in the present-day state of Texas.
- On 17 October 1828, a part was set off to form Sevier County.
- Miller County was dissolved when the county was split to form Red River and Fannin counties in 1838, when Texas was still part of Arkansas.
- The newer Miller County was organized from Lafayette County 22 December 1874.
- 1820 Census for old Miller County is missing.