Midland Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4805 Gateway Street Midland Texas 79707 United States
- We are located north of Loop 250 between Midland Drive and Midkiff, at the corner of Crestgate Ave and Gateway St.
- Please, use the east entrance that is closest to Gateway Street.
- This is on the opposite side of the building from the Pavillion and west parking lot.
- You may park on the street or in the north parking lot.
- Be sure to press the white door bell and a Family History Center volunteer will open the door.
- Email for appointments at additional times
Closed for Thanksgiving week
Closed for the week of Christmas and the week after Christmas
Friendly Staff gives you free personal assistance with your family tree and helps you use the full benefits of FamilySearch.org.
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. This list is continually growing and changing. Visit the Midland Family History Center for a complete current listing.
Ancestry gives you access to thousands of collections of records from around the world.
Fold3 (formerly Footnote.com)–http://www.fold3.com/
Search or browse millions of historical documents and photos. Fold3 has refocused their efforts on gathering the best online collection of military records and stories.
The 19th Century British Library Newspapers digital archive–http://find.galegroup.com/bncn/
This fully searchable database of the British Library's newspaper holdings provides a complete run of 48 national and regional Victorian British newspapers for the 19th century from 1800 to 1900.
NewspaperArchive.com is the world's largest online newspaper archive. Featuring billions of articles from historical newspapers around the U.S. and the world,
Alexander Street Press, American Civil War–http://alexanderstreet.com/
ArkivDigital is the largest private provider of Swedish Church Records and other historical records online! All images are newly photographed color images of the original documents.
Find My Past–http://www.findmypast.co.uk/
FindMyPast makes it easy to research your UK ancestry and create your family tree. Search census records and trace births, marriages, and deaths to bring your family history to life. Please note that not all of the content from Find My Past is available in family history centers.
English parish records, directories, census, civil registration, surname mapping, and selected army and navy lists.
Provides access to 19th-century westward American migration documents.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 Desktop computers
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.