Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records, 1951-2010 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Federated States of Micronesia|
|Location of Micronesia, Micronesia|
|Record Type:||Court Records|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection contains images of court documents from the Supreme Court of Pohnpei for the years 1951-2010. The records consist primarily of case files for criminal and civil proceedings, dockets, and appeals. Also included are wills, inheritances, land leases, deeds, and miscellaneous court actions.
Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records, 1951-2010.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Court records normally include:
- Name of deceased
- Name of spouse
- Name of witnesses
- Full names of children
- Date of record
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following:
- Name of the person
- Year of the record
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
View the Images
- Go to the Browse Page for the collection
- Click on the correct Court Name link
- Click on the correct Event Type link
- Click on the correct Year or Inclusive Years link
- Click on the correct File Numbers link to open the image viewer
- Use the onscreen controls to move between record images as you look for a match
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Micronesia, Pohnpei, court records, 1951-2010. Some catalog records link to multiple digital image records. In this case, click on a digital image record to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking for, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the record.
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection.
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision.
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name.
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results.
- Search the records of nearby locations.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records, 1951-2010." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Pohnpei Supreme Court. Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court records. Supreme Court, Pohnpei.
- Image Citation
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.