Michigan Genealogical Council
|Michigan Genealogical Council|
The Michigan Genealogical Council is a 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1972. Its purpose is:
- To coordinate/stimulate genealogical activities of statewide interest, including seminars.
- To cooperate in the location, preservation, publication and deposit in suitable repositories, of Michigan records of value to genealogists.
- To provide information to the membership regarding speakers, teachers, seminars and workshops.
- To encourage and/or work with other organizations or agencies involved in promoting improvements in genealogical facilities and holdings of Michigan archives, libraries, museums and record repositories.
The Michigan Genealogical Council has 70+ member societies located in 49 of Michigan's 83 counties.
Operating year: July 2017 - June 2018
- President - Katherine R. Willson
- Vice-President - Daniel Earl
- Recording Secretary Delegate - Sue Irvine
- Recording Secretary Board - Rozlyn Kelly
- Corresponding Secretary - Brenda Leyndyke
- Treasurer - Jill O'Sullivan
- Director (term ending June 2018) - Faye Ebach
- Director (term ending June 2019) - Vacant
- Director (term ending June 2020) - Chelsea Johnson
- Awards - Barbara Curtindale
- Continuing Education - Daniel Earl
- Finance & Budget - Jill O'Sullivan
- Media Communications - Judy Sheldon
- Membership - Ed Redmer
- Newsletter - Carolyn Haines
- Projects - Roger Moffat
- Public Records Access - Derek Blount
- Archivist - Janet Romas
- Central Mail, Distribution & Marketing - Sam Pardee
- FGS Delegate - Thomas Koselka
- Historian - Barbara Curtindale
- Lucy Mary Kellogg Award - Chelsea Johnson
- Past President Advisor - Thomas Koselka
- Pioneer & Military Certificates - Patrick Shaul
- Webmaster - Thomas Koselka
https://www.facebook.com/groups/93824065431 (public group)
The Michigan Genealogical Council Newsletter is published quarterly, and both current and back issues can be found online at https://mimgc.org/mo_newsletter.php.
The Michigan Genealogical Council maintains an online calendar of events at https://mimgc.org/eventListings.php?nm=19.
- Board meetings are held in Lansing, MI on the second Thursday of each month (except for the annual "Out-of-Lansing" meetings each September hosted by a member society in their hometown).
- Delegate meetings are held in Lansing, MI on the second Thursday of July, November, January, March and May. The September "Out-of-Lansing" delegate meeting is hosted by a member society in their hometown.
- Seminars that are open to the public featuring nationally-known keynote speakers are held twice a year (Summer and Fall) in Lansing, MI in association with the Archives of Michigan.
Archives of Michigan (702 W. Kalamazoo St, Lansing, MI 48909)
Library of Michigan (702 W. Kalamazoo St, Lansing, MI 48909)