Meridian Idaho East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 11443 McMillan Rd Boise Idaho 83713 United States
- Entry is on the south side of the meetinghouse.
- 1-208- 376-0452
- Tuesday: 9:00 am-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Closed West Ada School District's spring break
- Closed 4th of July week
- Closed the last 2 weeks of August
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last 2 weeks of December
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
On-topic classes are occasionally held in the library on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. When these classes are scheduled, they will be listed on this site, and in ward bulletins. Call the Family History Center to register for these classes.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various Family History Library films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Our local FHC library has over 1,000 microfiche & microfilm on permanent loan for patrons to use.
Library Resources: Our bookshelves contain hundreds of items, including all of the basic genealogy resources, as well as historic maps, and several volumes of special interest for those with pioneer ancestry. They include:
- "The Handybook for Genealogists"
- "Crash Course in Family History"
- "The Census Book" by Dollarhide
- "The Source"
- "The Redbook"
- "Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah"
- "Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude" - 4 volume set
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Software installed on our computers include: Rootsmagic, Legacy, Animap, and PAF
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These premium sites include:
19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote)
- The Genealogist (British Ressearch)
- Heritage Quest Online
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- This center has 8 computers with high-speed internet, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, scanners and printers, and a digital microfilm & microfiche scanner and printer.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Our consultants are prepared to give one-on-one help with: Family Search, Family Tree, Puzzila, familysearch.org, using Family Search Partners and Rootsmagic.
Group Reservations[edit | edit source]
To schedule the library for a group use please contact our Family History Center Director: Gary Peterson (208-887-9178; email@example.com or the Family History Center at 376-0452 to ensure that there will be computers available and consultants prepared to assist you.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Idaho State Historical Society & Idaho State Archives -- http://history.idaho.gov/
The Idaho State Archives provides public access and archival management for the State of Idaho’s 123,000 cubic feet of public records, as well as photographs,manuscripts, maps, books, periodicals, state documents, and oral history interviews. Services include cataloging, digitization, preservation, inter-library Loan services, and environmentally-controlled storage.