Meridian Idaho East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Monthly Family History Center In-Service Lessons
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
Center Contacts and Hours
- 11443 McMillan Rd Boise Idaho 83713 United States
- Entry is at the back of the meetinghouse.
- 1-208- 376-0452
- Tuesday: 9:00 am-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-9:30 pm
Last 2 weeks of August; Thanksgiving; Last 2 weeks of December;
Calendar and Events
In-service Meetings for all Family History Center and Ward Temple and Family History consultants, and for the general public are held every 4th Thursday at 7:00 p.m. In the Meridian East Stake Center (except for August, Nov. & Dec.)
On-topic classes are occasionally held in the library on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. When these classes are scheduled, they will be listed on this site, and in ward bulletins. Call the Family History Center to register for these classes.
Monthly Family History Center In-Service Lessons
|September||Using Findmypast.com||Amy Floto||http://chilp.it/0d59e9e|
|July||Using State Census Records for Research||Gary Peterson||http://chilp.it/d5eaa5e|
|June||Using the Family History Library Catalog From Your Home||Gary Peterson||http://chilp.it/9519f01|
|May||What's Your Story||Jodi Knorpp||http://chilp.it/405df00|
|April||Family Search Mission||Billy Knorpp||http://chilp.it/cd23de4|
|February||Newspaper Research||Tami Hurd||http://chilp.it/61bf104|
|January||Using Family Search Wiki as a Research Tool||Gary Peterson||http://chilp.it/831eff8|
FamilySearch Catalog: This center may have various Family History Library films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Our local FHC library has over 1,000 microfiche & microfilm on permanent loan for patrons to use.
Library Resources: Our bookshelves contain hundreds of items, including all of the basic genealogy resources, as well as historic maps, and several volumes of special interest for those with pioneer ancestry. They include:
- "The Handybook for Genealogists"
- "Crash Course in Family History"
- "The Census Book" by Dollarhide
- "The Source"
- "The Redbook"
- "Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah"
- "Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude" - 4 volume set
Databases and Software
- Software installed on our computers include: Rootsmagic, Legacy, Animap, and PAF
FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These premium sites include:
19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote)
- The Genealogist (British Ressearch)
- Heritage Quest Online
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has 8 computers with high-speed internet, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, scanners and printers, and a digital microfilm & microfiche scanner and printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Our consultants are prepared to give one-on-one help with: Family Search, Family Tree, Puzzila, familysearch.org, using Family Search Partners and Rootsmagic.
To schedule the library for a group use please contact our Family History Center Director: Gary Peterson (208-887-9178; firstname.lastname@example.org or the Family History Center at 376-0452 to ensure that there will be computers available and consultants prepared to assist you.
Resources in the Local Area
Idaho State Historical Society & Idaho State Archives -- http://history.idaho.gov/
The Idaho State Archives provides public access and archival management for the State of Idaho’s 123,000 cubic feet of public records, as well as photographs,manuscripts, maps, books, periodicals, state documents, and oral history interviews. Services include cataloging, digitization, preservation, inter-library Loan services, and environmentally-controlled storage.