Mathews County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Use this list to:
Published Genealogy Books and Articles[edit | edit source]
Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
A[edit | edit source]
- [Armistead] Appleton, William S. The Family of Armistead of Virginia. Boston: W.S. Appleton, 1899. Digital versions at FamilySearch Digital Library, Internet Archive; FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 1021.
- [Armistead] "Armistead Family," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 6, No. 1 (Jul. 1897):31-33; Vol. 6, No. 2 (Oct. 1897):97-102; Vol. 6, No. 3 (Jan. 1898):164-171; Vol. 6, No. 4 (Apr. 1898):226-234; Vol. 7, No. 1 (Jul. 1898):17-24; Vol. 7, No. 3 (Jan. 1899):181-186; Vol. 8, No. 1 (Jul. 1899):63-70. Digital version at JSTOR - free.
B[edit | edit source]
C[edit | edit source]
- [Cary] Harrison, Fairfax. The Virginia Carys. New York: De Vinne Press, 1919. Digital version at Internet Archive - free; FHL Film 1011836 Item 3.
D[edit | edit source]
- [Diggs] Boone, Louis R. "Cole Diggs of Mathews County, Virginia and Montgomery County, Missouri," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 16, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1972):47-48. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 16 (1972).
- [Diggs] Efford, Joan M. Our Efford Family of the Northern Neck: and Related Lines. Tappahannock, Va.: J. Efford, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 Ef48e.
E[edit | edit source]
F[edit | edit source]
G[edit | edit source]
- [Gwyn] Lustenberger, Anita A. "One Piece of a Family Puzzle: Hugh Gwyn ("1702-68") of Gloucester County, Virginia," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 99, No. 3 (Sep. 2011):185-198.
H[edit | edit source]
I[edit | edit source]
J[edit | edit source]
- [James] Ironmonger, Elizabeth Hogg. A Virginia Genealogy: Thomas James (Clerk of Kingston Parish, 1783 - 1796; Ancestry and Descendants, 1653 - 1961. [Crozet, Virginia: Arthur W. James, c1961]. Available at FHL FAM HIST Book 929.273 J231i. Digital version at World Vital Records ($).
K[edit | edit source]
L[edit | edit source]
- [Lane] Kennedy, Mary Selden. Seldens of Virginia and Allied Families. New York: Frank Allaben Genealogical Co., c1911. Digital versions of Vol. 1 at FamilySearch Digital Library, Google Books, Internet Archive | Vol. 2 at FamilySearch Digital Library, Internet Archive; FHL Book 929.273 Se48k.
M[edit | edit source]
N[edit | edit source]
O[edit | edit source]
P[edit | edit source]
- [Page] Page, Richard Channing Moore. Genealogy of the Page Family in Virginia. Also a Condensed Account of the Nelson, Walker, Pendleton and Randolph Families, With References to the Bland, Burwell, Byrd, Carter, Cary, Duke, Gilmer, Harrison, Rives, Thornton, Wellford, Washington, and Other Distinguished Families in Virginia. New York: Press of the Publishers' Printing Co., 1893. FHL Collection; digital version at Google Books.
- [Page] Donnelly, Shirley. "Notes on Captain William Nelson Page," Virginia Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 1, No. 4 (Oct. 1963):39-40. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. The Page Family in Virginia Personal Property Taxes (1782-1850). 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 P141rd v. 1-2 [Matthews [sic] County appears in Vol. 2]
Q[edit | edit source]
R[edit | edit source]
S[edit | edit source]
- [Shepard] Talley, William M. "Chauncey Berkeley Shepard: Matthews County, Va., and Lewis County, Ky.," The Kentucky Genealogist, Vol. 24, No. 2 (April/June 1982):43-45. FHL Collection 976.9 B2kg v. 24 (1982)
- [Smith] Wiatt, Alexander Lloyd. The Descendants of Stephen Field of King and Queen County, Virginia, 1721: With Notes on the Armistead, Booth, Catesby-Cocke, Catlett, Jones, Lightfoot, Smith, Tabb, Todd and Wiatt Families. n.p.: A. Wiatt, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 F458w.
T[edit | edit source]
U[edit | edit source]
V[edit | edit source]
W[edit | edit source]
- [White] White, Robert Ellerson. Ancestry and Descendants of John French White and His Wife Martha Cowles White: Including Many Old Mathews and York County Family Names, Also Some from Other Areas: This Book Covers a Period of About Three Hundred Years. Grafton, Va.: John-Henry Printing Co., 1988?. FHL Film 1683131 Item 9.
- [Williams] Murray, Milton. "The Williams Family of Mathews County," Tidewater Virginia Families: A Magazine of History and Genealogy, Vol. 1, No. 4 (February/March 1993):178-181. FHL Book 975.51 D25t.
X[edit | edit source]
Y[edit | edit source]
Z[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]