Massachusetts, New Bedford Passenger and Crew Lists - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Massachusetts, New Bedford Passenger and Crew Lists, 1902-1943
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|New Bedford, |
|Flag of the United States of America|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Passenger and Crew Lists|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|Microfilm Publication||T944. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New Bedford, MA, 1902-1942.. 8 rolls.|
|Arrangement||By Date of Arrival|
|National Archives Identifier||4397773|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Passenger list ship arrivals at Bedford, Massachusetts from July 1st, 1902 to July 1942. The passenger lists are from National Archives microfilm publication T944 part of Record Group 85 Records of the Immigration and Naturaliztion Service.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Manifest of Alien Passengers
- No on List
- Name inFull
- Calling or Occupation
- Race or People
- Last Residence
- Final Destination
- Weather ever before in the United States and if so when or where ?
- Weather going to join a relative or friend. Name and complete address
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- name of the person
- Approximate datae of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. The information may also lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the information to find the person in other records
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Search the indexes and records of other port cities
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
- Massachusetts Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- Searching Passenger Lists
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Passenger lists of vessels arriving at New Bedford, 1902-1942 ; Index to passengers, 1902-1954
- Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New Bedford, Massachusetts, 1917 - 1943
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.