Maryland, Baltimore, Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels and Airplanes - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Maryland, Baltimore, Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels and Airplanes, 1954-1957
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Baltimore, Maryland, |
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1912-1959 (48 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Passenger Arrival Records|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|Microfilm Publication||M1477. Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels and Airplanes Arriving at Baltimore, Dec. 1954-May 1957. 34 rolls.|
|National Archives Identifier||414|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains passenger and crew lists of airplanes from 1954-1957. It corresponds with NARA Publication M1477: Passenger and crew lists of vessels and airplanes arriving at Baltimore, Maryland, Dec.1954-May 1957. Passenger arrival lists do not exist from July 1, 1948 to November 30, 1954.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Maryland, Baltimore, Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels and Airplanes, 1954-1957.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
Passenger / Crew list
- Length of service
- Position within the crew
- When and where signed on to crew
- Significant remarks
- Name of vessel
- Port of departure
- Date of departure
- Port of arrival
- Date of arrival
- Serial number and form of required foreign service or immigration form
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the individual
- The date of arrival or name of port
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select the NARA Roll Number-Contents to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog Maryland, Baltimore, Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels and Airplanes, 1954-1957. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Use the information to find other records such as emigrations, port records, and ship’s manifest
- Look for the Declaration of Intent soon after the immigrant arrived, and then look for the Naturalization Petition five years later, when the residency requirement would have been met. Look for naturalization records in federal courts and then in state, county, or city courts. An individual may have filed the first and final papers in different courts and sometimes in a different state if the person moved. Immigrants who were younger than 18 when they arrived did not need to file a Declaration of Intent as part of the process
- Learn foreign and “Americanized” names
- Learn the place of origin and find vital records such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death
- Search for military, land and probate records
- Use the information to find additional family members in census records
- Search for church records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Try viewing the original record. Indexes and transcriptions may not include all the data found in the original records. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search
- Try variant spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Maryland.
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
- Maryland Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Index (Soundex) to passenger lists of vessels arriving at Baltimore, 1897-1952 : NARA RG85 publication T520
- Index to passenger lists of vessels arriving at Baltimore, (city passenger lists) 1833-1866 : NARA RG85 publication M326
- Index to passenger lists of vessels arriving at Baltimore, 1820-1897 (Federal passengers lists) : NARA publication M327
- Maryland, Baltimore, passenger and crew lists of vessels and airplanes, 1954-1957
- Passenger lists of vessels arriving at Baltimore, 1820-1948 ; Quarterly abstracts of passenger lists of vessels arriving at Baltimore, 1820-1869 : NARA M255, T844 and M596
- United States, Eastern US ports, passenger lists
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
- Baltimore Passenger Lists 1820-1948, NARA M255, M596 and T844
- Maryland, Baltimore Passenger Lists Index, 1820-1897
- Maryland, Baltimore Passenger Lists Index, 1897-1952
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.