Marshfield Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Contact:
- 3 Hours:
- 4 Calendar and Events
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Class Schedule
- 7 Staff Training Meetings
- 8 Center Resources
- 9 Learning Center
- 10 Center Services
- 11 Resources in the Local Area
- 12 Links
- 13 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map : Location Map
Address: 2207 W 5th St Marshfield WI 54449
- Language: English
- Ward Temple and Family History Consultant Lead - Penny Ayers Calli
- Phone: 715-305-7332
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: 810 E. Vilas St., Marshfield, WI, 54449
- Ward Temple and Family History Consultant - Joseph Calli
- Phone: 715-486-6180
- E-mail: jcalli54
- Mailing address: 810 E. Vilast St, Marshfield., Marshfield, WI 54449
- Ward Temple and Family History Consultant - Todd Neuman
- Phone: 715-615-2018
- Ward Temple and Family History Consultant - Sharon Weier
- Phone: 715-613-4155
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mailing address: 603 E. Clark St., Spencer, WI, 54479
- Tuesdays: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesdays: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Not open every Saturday evening. Please call 715-305-7332 before coming.
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Church Members Only
- or by appointment - call: 715-305-7332
- Closed on all major holidays. May be closed during inclement weather. Call before coming.
Calendar and Events
August 31, 2017 - Last day to order microfilm/fiche from FamilySearch.org. More information here https://www.lds.org/church/news/familysearch-discontinuing-microfilm-most-records-now-digitized?lang=eng
October 21, 2017 - Come to our history center today! We are having an indexing event. Come and learn how to index and help others find their ancestors! It's free and easy and you can do it at home. Try out the new Web indexing program. Refreshments and a light lunch lunch will be served. Come and join the fun!
Staff Training Meetings
Tuesdays - 1:00 pm - Dates will be announced ahead of time. We will have a brief meeting and training,
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: -- we have a very limited amount of books and other research material. Our local library offers a large selection of books and research material in their Felker Genealogy & Local History Room.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Other software links:
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 Computers, 1 Microfilm reader, Scanner for uploading photos to Family Search, 1 Printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Wisconsin Family Search Wiki - Wisconsin
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers from the community to help serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and learn by doing. You need not be an expert. The ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key. Please contact Penny at 715-305-7332 if interested.