Marquette Michigan Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 350 Cherry Creek Rd Harvey Michigan 49855-8909 United States
- Wed 12 pm - 6:00 pm
- Sat by Appointment
- Hours extended by appointment call (480-735-8991)
Holiday Schedule: Closed the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
We occasionally close because of inclement weather. Please call ahead to be sure we are open.
You can make an appointment for personalized help or extra hours at: 480-735-8991
Calendar and Events
At 2:30 pm the last Sunday of February, March, and April 2015 we will have a lesson series covering:
- FamilySearch.org Family Tree
Family Tree is an updated approach to organizing and preserving your genealogy online.
Family Tree is free, available to everyone, and provides an easy way to share information,
compare research, and go further faster by working together.
In Family Tree you can:
• See what the system already contains about your ancestors.
• Work with others to fill in missing information and correct errors.
• Add sources and explanations to show that information is accurate.
• Find and merge records that are about the same person.
• Add photos and stories of your ancestors.
- What Sources Offer
This class introduces types of sources, where to find them, and what information they can give about your ancestors. We will cover US Census records, British Census records, Finnish Church books, pension records, birth and death records, marriage records, cemetery records, probate records, land records, etc.
- Strategies to Find Missing Relatives
This class will focus on strategies to find missing family members, including how to determine if you have the correct person for ancestors with common names.
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, microfilm readers, printers
Staff Research Specialties
- Cornish Records
- South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering and the Family History Center, please call Noel at 850-387-0652.