Marietta Georgia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts[edit | edit source]
Family History Center Coordinators:
- Jonathan Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 770-778-0383)
- Sharon Jones (email@example.com)
Center Information and Hours[edit | edit source]
The entrance to the Family History Center is in the back of the building. There will be a sign out front and a sign on the door.
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 3195 Trickum Rd Marietta, GA 30066
Language: English (Spanish assistance can be provided upon request.)
Center Phone: 770-973-4510
Center E-mail: GA_MariettaEast@ldsmail.net
- Tuesdays: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesdays: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Closed all major holidays and school breaks. Also closed the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog: We have 4 Microfilm readers and 2 Microfiche readers for our patrons use.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection: A collection of fiche previously ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection: A collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 4 Microfilm readers
- 2 Microfiche readers
- Wireless print capability using Apple and Android devices and Direct Scan of pictures to your Photo Library in your FamilySearch Tree account
- Microfilm Scanner that can save to thumb drives or SD cards or email to your email account
Center Services[edit | edit source]
We can help you set up your own FamilySearch Tree account and show you how to use the new Memories and FamilySearch Tree apps for Apple and Android mobile devices. They are very powerful and extremely useful to capture your photos and stories of your family.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.