Marble Falls Texas Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 920 Via Viejo Marble Falls TX 78654 United States (formerly 200 Via Viejo)
- Language: English
- Wednesday: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Saturday: By appointment only
- Closed national holidays, week of Thanksgiving, and between Christmas and New Year's (approximately 2 weeks)
Calendar and Events
- Indexing training on second Wednesday of every month, 6-8pm
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Reference book collection
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- FamilySearch Online Film Ordering The Microfilm Ordering service is your gateway to a vast collection of genealogical and historical records. The service allows you to reserve and loan films to family history centers and affiliate libraries. The loans are free, but there is a small shipping and handling charge for each film.
- Free access to subscription-based Internet web sites, including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
- Genealogy software programs, forms, research outlines, word lists, etc.
- Tutorials and handouts for various family history topics and programs
Hardware and Equipment
- Lab with four computers, scanner, printer, two microfilm readers, a microfiche reader, LCD TV with HDMI output for presentations.
What We Do
- Provide research help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide training. We offer one-on-one training during open hours and by appointment. We also have indexing classes once a month (see schedule) and schedule special training events year-round.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
- Provide service opportunities for volunteers. Call 1-830-693-6545.
Local and State Resources
- Marble Falls City Documents, Charter, Code, and Online Library
- The Falls on the Colorado Museum
- Burnet County TXGenWeb (part of USGenWeb Project)
- Burnet County Genealogical Society Main Website
- Burnet County Genealogical Society Facebook
- Herman Brown Free Library Genealogical Resources
- Kingsland Genealogical Society of the Highland Lakes Meetings are normally on the second Tuesday of the months of January, February, March, April, May, July, August, September, October, and November at 2:00 pm in the large meeting room of the Kingsland Branch of the Llano Library System.
- Austin Genealogical Society
- Llano County Genealogy Trails History Group
- Llano County TXGenWeb (part of USGenWeb Project)
- Texas State Library and Archives
- Texas Department of Vital Records Vital Records including births & deaths (1903-current), marriage and divorce (1968-current).
- Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research One of the top genealogy research libraries in the US. Holdings include over 35,000 books and over 50,000 microforms. Besides all of the other items, they have Texas birth and death certificates on microfilm.
- Dallas Public Library Genealogy Collection Collection is one of the largest in southern US. Represents all states and counties plus Germany, Britain & Canada. Includes vital, census and naturalization records, state & county histories, family histories, passenger lists and heraldry, military. Texas death certificates on microfilm.
Volunteer at the Center
If interested in volunteering, contact the Family History Center at 830-693-6545 during open hours.