Manti Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Manti Family History Center is located at the base of the Manti Temple.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location & Map:
- 86 East 500 North, Manti, Utah
- Access from 100 East only. There is no direct access to Highway 89. Go East on 400 N. Turn left on 100 East.
- Location on Google Map
- Sunday: 2 PM-6 PM
- Monday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Wednesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Friday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM-3 PM
Holiday Schedule: 2019
- Feb 18 - President's Day
- April 6-7 - General Conference
- May 12 - Mother's Day
- May 27 - Memorial Day
- June 3 - July 7 - Manti Pageant & Independence Day
- July 24 - Pioneer Day
- Sept 2 - Labor Day
- Oct 5-6 - General Conference
- Nov 27-29 - Thanksgiving
- Dec 21-Jan 1 - Christmas Holiday
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Quarterly: Monday mornings at 9:00 am
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Sanpete County Records, early newspapers and early Latter-day Saint Records.
- A selection of DUP Lessons as well as "Women of Faith and Fortitude" and SUP record books.
- Approximately 100 Family Histories have been donated to our center. Many of them contain records of early Manti residents.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 7 computers
- 1 black and white printer
- With ability to scan directly to FamilySearch
- Copies are $.10 per side.
- Family temple cards are printed at no charge
- 2 microfilm readers and 1 microfiche reader
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
The Sanpete County Court House is located 3 blocks south of our center. The Court House houses property records, vital records and misc. records from Sanpete County.
Across the street from the Court House is the Historic Manti City Hall. They have items pertaining to the early history of Manti.
The Manti Public Library has a Special Collections Room that contains misc. records from Manti City.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.