Manitowoc Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 The Manitowoc Wisconsin family history center have wonderful staff to help you learn how to FIND, TAKE, TEACH.
The Manitowoc Wisconsin family history center have wonderful staff to help you learn how to FIND, TAKE, TEACH.[edit | edit source]
FIND an ancestor name, TAKE it to the Temple, and TEACH some other church or family members,
performing vicarious ordinances, while you write your own history.
Our Family History Center services are oriented to serve Church membership
fulfilling our divine purpose.
At the MWFHC we are able to help in English, and by appointment in Spanish.
We look forward to serve on the best of our efforts to support our visitors in
the uses of FamilySearch’s worldwide sources.
Overall we help our families’ celestial purpose to find their place in our Heavenly Father’s Table.
Every visit to our FHC, could be a step to fulfill HIS purpose to help individuals
and families qualify for exaltation, our family history is a portal to connect with our ancestors.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints supporting FamilySearch to help us focus on our divine
appointed responsibilities as members.
The Manitowoc Wisconsin Family History Center is open in designed schedules to the public in general.
MWFHC offers to Manitowoc’s community ample genealogical free online resources, microfilms,
and hard-copy genealogical materials oriented to help friends or investigators to find the way to their own roots.
Come visit us!
Our staff provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites.
In addition, we have free "how-to" genealogy beginning classes starting soon.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 4105 Michigan Ave Manitowoc WI 54220 United States
- Language:English & Spanish
Open Hours General Admission:
- Wednesday: 2:00 to 4:00 PM and 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Winter Schedule: Tuesday 5:30 to 8:00 PM (members only) & Wednesday 2:00 to 5:00 PM
For appointments, please contact the staff in general admission's open hours at 920-482-7015
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather.
Closed all major holidays
- Holiday Schedule: We are closed Thanksgiving Week,
- Christmas Week and New Years Week and other major holidays.
- We are also closed when the Manitowoc Area School District is closed due to inclement weather.
Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours or check winter's contingencies: https://weather.com/maps/severealerts
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Calendar ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- count with 4 computers , a microfilm reader, printer for temple ordenances and scan to upload family images.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.