Malaysia Church Records
|Malaysia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
For information about records for non-Christian religions in Malaysia, go to the Religious Records page.
Church Records in Malaysia
Types of records found:
- Births or baptisms
- Marriages or marriage proclamations
- Deaths or burials
Religious Denominations in Malaysia
- Dutch Reformed, starting in 1642
- Anglican, starting in 1820
- Armenian, starting in 1827
- Catholic, starting in 1846
- Brethren, starting in 1864
- Methodist, starting in 1885
- Presbyterian, starting in 1895
Wiki Articles on Church Records in Malaysia
- The Registers of St. George's Anglican Church in Penang, Malaysia
- Roman Catholic Records Held At "Our Lady of Sorrows," Penang, Malaysia
Muslim marriage records (Surat kawin Muslim)
Record type: Marriage information.
Time Period: 1800-present.
Content: Name of husband and wife, marriage and birth dates of couple, names of parents.
Location: Local offices of Islamic affairs.
Population coverage: Approximately 50%.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 2000.